Automating workflows can significantly improve efficiency and reduce manual tasks in your WizyVision applications. By leveraging automation rules, you can define triggers, conditions, and actions that streamline your processes, eliminate human error, and save time. In this article, we will explore the powerful automation capabilities of WizyVision and how they can boost efficiency in your application workflows.
Components of Automation
Automation rules consist of three main components: triggers, conditions, and actions.
- Case Created: The rule is triggered when a new case is created in the application.
- Case Field is Updated: The rule is triggered when a specific case field is updated. Admins can define which field and value to observe for the trigger.
- Case Field Condition: This condition checks whether a case field meets certain criteria. Admins can select the field to observe and apply different conditions based on the field type, such as text, paragraph, number, status, people, privacy, dropdown, tags, checkbox, and people list.
- If / Else Block: This component allows you to perform different actions based on conditional logic using if, else if, and else statements.
- Send Email: Send an email to a specified address.
- In-App Notification: Send a notification to users within the application.
- Add Tags: Add one or multiple tags to a case.
- Remove Tags: Remove tags from a case.
- Case Assign: Select a user to assign the case.
- Send Web Request (Webhook): Send a web request to a given URL.
Creating Automation Rules
Admins can create one or multiple automation rules in an application. Each rule can consist of triggers, conditions, and actions. After creating a rule, it needs to be enabled manually to become active and start automating your workflows.
Common Use Case Example
Let's consider a common use case to illustrate the power of automation in streamlining workflows. Suppose you have a support application where users can submit cases for different issues. You can set up an automation rule with the following components:
- Trigger: Case Created
- Condition: Case Field Condition (e.g., If the Category field equals "Technical Support")
- Action: Send Email to the support team, Add Tags to the case, and Case Assign to a specific support agent.
By implementing this automation rule, whenever a case is created with the Category field set to "Technical Support," an email notification will be sent to the support team, relevant tags will be added to the case for easy categorization, and the case will be assigned to a specific support agent automatically.
Automation rules in WizyVision applications empower you to streamline your workflows, reduce manual effort, and enhance efficiency. By utilizing triggers, conditions, and actions, you can automate tasks, notifications, assignments, and more. Explore the full potential of automation and unlock new levels of productivity in your application processes.
Remember, automation rules are flexible and customizable to match your specific requirements. Experiment with different combinations and discover how automation can transform your workflows.